United Way of Whitley County: Executive Director Search
Do you enjoy people?
Have a creative Spirit and a passion to help others?
Then this is the job for you!
The United Way of Whitley County is seeking a full-time Executive Director. Responsibilities include fundraising, administration, financial management, program development, volunteer management, and public/community/board relations. Job requirements include 3 – 5 years non-profit management experience, enthusiastic and organized group presentation skills, ease with answering difficult questions and an ability to work with diverse groups of people. A bachelors degree is preferred but equivalent, related job experience may be accepted. Salary negotiable. Please e-mail resume, salary requirements and three references by Friday, February 23, 2018, to Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or United Way of Whitley County, PO Box 464, Columbia City, IN 46725.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The United Way of Whitley County provides reasonable accommodation to qualified employees and applicants with known disabilities who require accommodation to complete the application process or perform essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship. Incumbent serves as Executive Director, responsible for the overall operation of the United Way of Whitley County.
- Implement all policies adopted by the Board of Directors
- Accountable for adherence to United Way of America’s Membership Requirements
- Ensures that legal obligations of the United Way are met
- Resource development and fundraising practices
- Oversees disbursements to partner agencies
- Builds relationships to broaden revenue sources
- Ability to identify, develop and write grant applications.
- Along with the Financial Committee prepares the United Way of Whitley County’s budget related to fiscal and human resources
- Maintains internal controls and transparency of funds
- Oversees annual campaign, donor recognition and Day of Caring event
- Directs and coordinates agency through paid and unpaid volunteers, provides motivation and training to achieve optimal results
- Supervises and evaluates the staff
- Provides overall direction for personnel functions and activities
- Regularly assesses community needs with pressing concerns the focus
- Trains volunteers in the resource allocation process
- Evaluates programs provided or funded by the United Way of Whitley County
- Responsible for planning and implementing new programs
- Spokesperson for the United Way of Whitley County
- Cultivates relationships with volunteers to serve and support the organization
- Oversees all marketing functions
- Oversees all strategic planning processes with the Board of Directors
- Maintains relationships with the Board and Board committees
- Maintains relations with all United Way Partner Organizations
- Maintains relations with other professional, social, governmental, faith-based, and business groups
- Serves on community committees in keeping with the United Way’s mission.
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five years of non-profit management experience
- Ability to organize and conduct presentations, training sessions and group solicitations
- Ease with handling difficult questions in an honest and understanding manner
- Able to work with diverse groups of people
- Must pass a background check
Incumbent is responsible for directing operations at one permanent office location and various even locations throughout Whitley County. Incumbent is responsible for supervising staff and volunteers. Incumbent develops objectives for day to day operations and establishes administrative policies, procedures, and performance standards. Incumbent receives governance assistance and organizational policy direction from Board of Directors. Work is primarily reviewed for soundness of judgment and attainment of objectives.
III. PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Incumbent performs a majority of duties in a standard office environment, involving sitting and walking at will and speaking clearly. Incumbent regularly works extended hours and travels out of town for presentations, meetings, and conferences, sometimes overnight.
The job description for the position of Executive Director for the United Way of Whitley County describes the duties and responsibilities for employment in this position. I acknowledge that I have received this job description, and understand that it is not a contract of employment. I am responsible for reading this job description and complying with all job duties, requirements and responsibilities contained herein, and any subsequent revisions.
For additional information, please contact United Way of Whitley County @ 260.244.6454